Sunday, August 06, 2006

First Man On The Moon


Here's an interesting record, a commemorative 45 record of the first moon landing. I think it represents the optimism of the Space Race extremely well. You've gotta love the narration by Hugh Downs and the use of Kennedy's famous speech about going to the moon. I also love the film-score type music accompanying the dramatic moments. Notice how the picture sleeve and the MGM logo are parallel with that of 2001: A Space Odyssey, released a year earlier by MGM. The artwork is staggeringly similar to the poster art (Perhaps the same MGM artist). I also love the modernized MGM Lion logo, which is in the film as well. Enjoy.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting record. Thank you :)

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an orginal record
PX 101
What do you think it is worth?

Michele Doran
Ridgefield Washington

5:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have two copies also. They are all PX-101. The serial number goes on from there, engraved on the record itself. I don't know what they are worth, but I found this site while trying to find out. If I find out, I will come tell you as well.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Synthetrix said...

I have this one too in my collection. They pressed quite a few of these, so they are not all that rare. Check ebay and GEMM for good reference on what things are currently going for.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I got a copy from a book club through school. It came with a poster. On the back was the dialog from the record. I still hve both.
Lynn

11:46 AM  
Blogger Troy Mulawka said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Troy Mulawka said...

I have a similar record but 33.I think it has alien messages on it lol.I been reading about this moon base and alien conspiracy stuff.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home