Monday, August 07, 2006

The Surfers - On The Rocks


While I got this mostly for the cover, which is great, this is a nice album of traditional Hawaiian music. While I prefer the more jazz-tinged stylings of the Waikiki Beachboys, there are some good songs on here, notably 'Pidgin English Hula', which has a little spoken introduction that's pretty interesting.

Side 1:
01 - Maki
02 - Leimomi
03 - Papio
04 - Ke Kali Nei Au
05 - I Got Hooked At A Hukilau
06 - Blue Hawaii
07 - Tamure Tamure

Side 2:
08 - Leahi
09 - O'Makala Pua
10 - Nane Wale
11 - Pidgin English Hula
12 - I Will Remember You
13 - Waikapu
14 - Hawaiian War Chant

4 Comments:

Blogger ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ said...

Doggone, Wish I had some of this for my brother in laws MiX I made for him. He would dig this! Thanks. T

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here
http://rapidshare.com/files/53369856/The_Surfers___HIFI_R-408__.jpg

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much. Great Album ;-)

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

made a small re-up ...

http://www.mediafire.com/?9c7pltbgkvncawu

enjoy!

BSS

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home