Thursday, September 07, 2006

Pahu Tahiti!

Here's a cool exotica album for drum fans. And there are a lot of drums. Other than one song called 'Ukelele', the album is entirely made up of Tahitian Drumming, featuring a number of groups . I guess you could call this a "real" exotica album. While it may not be something I'll listen to often, it's a nice historical record and artifact of the 50's-60's fascination with exotic cultures. It's also interesting to find an album that presents island culture in a "naked" format rather than trying to add an orchestra and jazz arrangements. Both styles have their charms of course.

I've also finally posted the book for The Play Guitar With The Ventures Album. After trying to scan the book too many times, I finally just took pictures of the book and tried to make them as presentable as possible. Hopefully you guys can read everything ok.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tiki-Tim said...

Thanks for the album...I can't wait to hear it...

10:44 AM  
Blogger HMK said...

Big Gracias for all the cool vibes!

H. Michael Karshis

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks very interesting.
Many thanks.

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cover here
http://rapidshare.com/files/60683975/The_South_Sea_Champion_Drummers___DOT_DLP-3297__.jpg

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks.

I added this to my (blog with a link to you off course), its hard to get South Pacific music so I collect here.

If you don't like me linking to your link tell me.

South Pacific Music

4:23 PM  
Blogger Average Suburban Dad said...

Cool

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home