Saturday, October 21, 2006

Back...sort of...

Sorry about the long hiatus. It's about mid-quarter in school and I've been busy with that and life in general, and the blog just naturally took a backseat. I'll try to get back into it, try to put something up about every week or so. Something will be up by Monday...I promise.

Dead links shouldn't be a problem anymore, as I've put the cash foward for an account at Rapidshare. I didn't mind the way it was before with links active for 30 days, but there it is for ya. It might take a few days or so for all the links to get reposted, I'm aiming at the dead ones first.

And as always enjoy what's here, leave comments and discuss the albums. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks of this stuff. And I'm willing to take requests, as long as it's in the realm of what I've been posting here.

6 Comments:

Blogger Inkydog said...

You're a good man.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back...thanks for reinstating old links, great sounds and cool covers.

1:36 PM  
Blogger faslimy said...

Nice blog, love your vinyl rips. Hope you stick around. Thanks.

3:05 AM  
Blogger mel said...

By which Monday? Promises, promises...

Hey Michael, guess what I found on a cassette? Something quite rare in your part of the world I would say:

Bud Shank In Africa 1958

Shank, alto and pennywhistle; Claude Williamson, piano; Don Prell, bass; Jimmy Pratt, drums.

A Tribute To The African Pennywhistle
I'll Remember April
Charity Rag
Squeeze Me
My Funny Valentine
Misty Eyes
Waltzing The Blues Away

I'd better digitize it and send it to you so that you can put it up on your blog, is that OK?

Regards - Mel
http://parisianthoroughfare.blogspot.com/

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been wondering what you've been listening to lately. This was such a great blog...if you no longer have time to lay down new tracks, at least let us know what you've been listening to. The writing was always enthusiastic and the pictures were good too.

Best...

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Michael

thanks for the great posts. I downloaded several ones the last couple of weeks. I like to share a big part of my old vinyl collection (exotica, party-music, jazz-grooves, rarities) so I have posted 7 album-downloads on my website:
http://www.bluehipster.com/music.htm

001 Werner Muller and his Orchestra - Dance Party in Hi-Fi (1958)
002 Stars Und Ihre Schlager (1959)
003 The Blue Wahini Serenaders - Aloha!
004 Sid Hamilton - Dance, Philicorda, Dance
005 Harold Smart - 29 Power Songs To All Our Friends
006 Toni's Tijuana Orkest - Tijuana Festival
007 Trio Hans Jansen - Swinging Hammond

Many more will follow.

I placed a link to your place on my website. I appreciate if you link back to my website (http://www.bluehipster.com/music.htm)

Happy downloading and listening.

Ciao
Bert
BlueHipster

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home